Sunday, November 17, 2013

First Question of the Day

Eva was making up jokes tonight:  "What did Big Ben say to Little Ben?"  --"How ya doin' little guy?!"  and then she'd chortle and dance.  The worm.  Other moves she made up. 

Yesterday she was helping Isaac with his food photo shoot.  Isaac hung a pear from fishing line and then sprayed it with the hose.  Eva would focus and then shoot over and over.  They were quite the team.  This was the second time they've done this.  Footage to come sometime later--it was really sweet.

 
Eddie loves to sing--anytime, and loud.  If I hurry and tell him the words to hymns as we're singing in church, he tries to keep up.  REALLY loud. It is priceless.  If he doesn't really know the words, he babbles along--really loud, and mostly in tune.  I love it.

Question of the day:  What's your favorite pie?
(Ian asked me today and I couldn't tell him...I was starving and kept thinking of all different ones I'd like right then.)
Flu shot rewards--they would spin around if you gave them a whirl :-)  It took far less than all day to finish these.
favorite pie from childhood:  lemon meringue at Aunt Bonnie's house, Thanksgiving
Last year's pie discovery, tweaked: French women don't get fat Pumpkin Pie (with orange added:-)


I've been thinking I'll track down a copy of the Book Thief to read again before I see the movie.  The book takes place in Nazi Germany.  When I read it before I remember it was Christmas--so it would be a perfect time to read it again.  Actually, I might have listened to the book on CD...I have a vague memory of late-night rehanging of the days' collection of ornaments plucked off by IanEvaEddie and cringing a bit at language as I listened to the book on CD--all the more cringeworthy because John was nearby and could hear it too :-)  Somehow that made it worse.  I thought Isaac might like it...

Rockin' in the Three Car Garage at Camp Korey
Isaac is channeling his inner Duane and taking lots of pictures lately.  He loves his photography class and is pretty obsessed with food shots.  He came home late from a dance last night--midnight--and was up by 6:30 with the shop light plugged in taking pictures against a sheet.  Making Grandpa proud!

Last night I looked at some pictures from France and remembered our trip in September to Les Invalides--the museum of French Military history.  The exhibits on the World Wars took my breath away.  To be on the continent where so much of that horror took place and to walk through with Europeans whose families lived it was a whole new experience.  It reminded me of how I felt visiting the World Trade Center site and exhibition in the New York State Museum.

Picture of the day:
Behind the clock face at Musee d'Orsay
This is one of the places I've always wanted to be.
I had no idea this was here--it was a total surprise to come out of the Impressionist exhibit and run into this.
 
Lucy gets braces on Tuesday!  Wish her luck!
We're all looking forward to seeing Mom and Dad's blog (I've heard it's in the works :-)
and to hear more about life in the Bronx!

 
Keep in touch!

1 comment:

  1. Can it be we were really in Seattle so recently. So much has happened since then. I'll be glad when we figure out teleportation the same way my photos can go to the cloud and back. Maybe someday we'll be able to digitize ourselves, punch in a destination, then reorganize ourselves in that spot far away. I'd be at your house tomorrow if I could! Here's a 'virtual' hug for all of you. Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete